Thursday 21 March 2013

Philosophy

It's funny, I never really saw any point in philosophy, and yet, now I realise I've been engaging in it, deeply, my whole life.

This really defines the problem with lack of a formal education. Despite reading so much, on so many topics, for so long, without the guidance that would be given by (good) teachers and professors, I missed the real crux of the matter.

I am enjoying "Know Thyself" so much, in so many ways. I am learning so much, so quickly.

I agonized over Week 3 (Ryle). When it came to the quiz, I was convinced that it was going to be a poor effort, and yet I got 100%. So, I think we can agree that not only am I enjoying it, I am understanding it.

I am now going to buy a hard copy of this book, and read it at my leisure, probably several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment